Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Beginnings

 
It's the start of the new year once again. For most of us, this is the time of the year where we think about how we can make ourselves better, making a long list of resolutions and planning how to make the next 12 months more memorable than ever.
 
As for me, my wish list for 2014 is just a short one--retain my job, learn how to drive, have a car, be financially stable, travel more, do charity work and stay health and happy [and in love]. This year will be a time for re-focusing for me.
 
The past two years has been spent with much enjoyment, living as if there is no tomorrow. However, tomorrow always comes and the future will not wait for me any longer. There are aspects of myself which I want to improve and for this year I will try my very best to save more, travel economically, eat properly, drink moderately and yes, exercise harder. 2013 has been somehow frustrating for me with the longstanding shoulder injury and treatment which seem not to work. Thankfully, the shoulder has been better though not fully okay towards the end of the year. The prolonged sick leave may have helped with the partial recovery together with the night shift work which entailed less moving and handling at work. I am hoping that I could play more tennis this year with the improvement of my shoulder strength.

 
 
I guess I have enjoyed much of my salary already being able to buy most of my [techie] needs and wants. I have to learn to manage my finances well and maybe try to do bank shifts in the ward which I haven't really done unlike most friends I know. I couldn't dismiss the fact that I love to dine out with friends and I do not want to completely stop this 'habit' of ours...maybe we could just lessen the restaurant visits and just cook more at home. We recently felt that it's more fun to actually dine at home especially that it's more cost effective.
 
 
 
This year as well will be literally a new start for me and my flatmates as we move to our new home in Putney. We had to move because of circumstances that we did not foresee. Nevertheless, because the new house is way bigger than the current, we reckon that this if for the best after all, things do happen for a reason. Though we will feel the crunch of paying a lot more, notwithstanding the fact that we still have to pay for the current flat till February, I believe that we'll be able to get through this. This is just a bump in the road as they say.
 
 
 
Travel should still be in the list of to-dos this year. I have booked my annual leaves already and I'm hoping that me and my friends will be able see more of the places we've put in our bucket list. Definitely, I want to see the northern lights and yes, the Pyramids of Giza, well that is if Egypt finds peace very soon. Germany, Switzerland and Amsterdam are on the list as well. I would want to go back to Paris again very soon but not in the summer where the temperatures soar above the normal body temperature. Hopefully, if I do get a car and a driving license very soon, I can get to places without the fuss of booking a coach or a train at the last minute.
 
 
 
Learning a new language, reading more books and [re-]learning a hobby are some minor stuff that I wish to do as well this year.
 
And for the wish concerning love life...let's wait and see what happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment